Life Groups have always been an essential part of our ministry here at Grace. We first called them House Churches, then Small Groups, and now Life Groups. But no matter what we’ve called them, we have always believed that the best way for people to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and to make disciples is in the context of these smaller communities that meet throughout the week in people’s homes.
Our church mission statement says that We are followers of Jesus living out His mission together. Life Groups are the key means at Grace by which we live out Christ’s calling on our lives together.
How do people in a Life Group spend time together?
The following elements represent best practices of our Life Groups:
- Study— To grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus, Life Groups discuss a book they are reading together or study a book of the Bible. The focus is on life change and spiritual growth, not just learning more facts or becoming more knowledgeable.
- Fellowship: Often there is a time of sharing of what is going on in each other’s lives in order to deepen relationships with one another. Outside of the Group meeting, Life Group members do life with one another (attend family events, help with needs, etc.) and look for opportunities to serve together.
- Breaking Bread: Typically, Life Groups eat together and enjoy fellowship and fun around a meal. Life Groups are also intentional about occasionally celebrating the Lord’s Supper together in ways that are meaningful to the Group and its needs.
- Worship and Prayer: Life Groups often worship and pray together, praising God and thanking Him for His goodness, mercy, grace and love.
- Inviting Others: A Life Group can become a natural place to invite unbelievers and unconnected Christians, where they discover the love and truth of Jesus Christ as they interact with His people. Life Groups can be places where people are introduced to Jesus and decide to become His disciples.
Interested in checking out one of our Life Groups?
Talk with someone at the Life Group table out in the lobby after the Sunday morning worship service. They can help you take the next step. You can also check our Events page to learn when the next Welcome Event is happening. These are great places to meet new people, get to know our leaders, and ask questions you may have.