- This event has passed.
Cuirim Shoebox Night
November 10, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Lobby at Grace Church
Get ready for some family fun! Cuirim Shoebox Night is an evening at Grace Church created to give you and your family a taste of Mexican culture while putting together special Christmas boxes for Mexican children (connected with Cuirim Outreach) who may never have received Christmas gifts. Come experience authentic Mexican cuisine, traditional Mexican games, and swing at the Piñatas while making a difference in the lives of others!!
How To Proceed:
- Purchase items from the list below. Please purchase only items that are listed, no candy/food.
- Bring your items to the Cuirim Shoebox Night on November 10, 6-8:00pm here at Grace Church. We will pack the boxes at this time. We will serve Mexican cuisine for dinner, but we ask you to please bring a dessert.
- In order to send your box across the border and then down to Navojoa, Mexico to the children, please donate $10 for each box you want to send. Make checks out to Cuirim Outreach and write “Shoe Box” on the memo line. We are also accepting donations even if you are not sending a box.
- As a special treat, Mexican Coke will be on sale for $2/bottle all night.
Items You Can Put Inside (boxes are 4x4x8 inches in size):
- Child’s toothbrush
- Pens, pencils & small box of crayons
- Pencil sharpener or eraser
- New children’s socks. Don’t worry about the size, if the size doesn’t fit the child who opens the box, he will trade with another child for a size that fits.
- As many small toys as you can fit in the box (matchbox cars, bouncy balls, hair accessories, tiny plush toys)
- NO candy, toothpaste, or playing cards
If you’d like to pay the $10 [or more] online, you can do that at cash.me/$graceefc. To use this method, follow the link, put the payment total in the middle, fill out the card info at the bottom, and lastly, put your name and “Cuirim Shoebox” in the optional note location. If you fail to add the note, we may not know who sent the money.