- This event has passed.
October 23, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - October 24, 2020 @ 3:00 pm$5.00 – $30.00
Cost: $30 per adult (age 18 and older), $5 per child (age 17 or younger) + bring a side and dessert for Friday dinner
Mancamp has evolved over the years from the Father/Son campout. It is a key event in our calendar where Grace Church brings men together to better connect, mature, and grow into the kind of men that God is calling each one of us, individually, to be. For better or for worse, our earthy fathers could only teach and lead us according to what they received in their own lives, but together we can pour into the next generation, as we combine what we have learned together.
This years event will include a continuous flow of men sharing what they have learned spiritually as well as men simply passing on things that every man should know – regardless of how old you are and what stage of life you are in.
Men of all ages are encouraged to come and learn, grow, and go deeper in your relationships with one another. Together we will cover much of what every man should have learned from his Father and Grandfather. Here are some of the discussions and stations we’ll have:
- Nuts and Bolts Station talking about the differences between different bolts, washers, pins and nuts, standard and metric sizes, threads, coatings, and more.
- Nailed It! Station discussing the differences between nails, how to use a nailset, nail gun, drive a nail and more.
- Screw It Up! Station explaining the commonly and lesser known screws, secrets to starting a screw, stopping from stripping, how to use them and more.
- Fire Starting Station to teach how to use paper and wooden matches, Cabin vs. Teepee, combustible materials, fire from sticks and rocks and more.
- Knife Safety/Care Station explaining whittling and safety tips, how to sharpen and care and cleaning.
- Hatchet/Axe/Chainsaw Technique Station sharing the ins and outs of falling, chopping, tool choice, car and sharpening.
***If you are someone who loves any of these topics or you have someone who comes to mind when you hear them, we would love your help! Contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know.
Location: Wommack’s Farm
Date + Time: Oct 23-24
Meet at the farm Oct 23 between 6-7pm. We will finish on Oct 24 around 3pm.
$30 per adult (age 18 and older), $5 per child (age 17 or younger)
+ bring a side and dessert for Friday dinner
WHAT TO BRING
More information on this later.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hammers and nails (identification, uses, and techniques)
Screws and screwdrivers (identification, uses, and techniques)
Weaponry (Firearms, Archery, Boomerangs, etc.)
There will be a whole line of speakers from our body who will pour into you everything that well-trained men should know (watch for an updated list).
This is a wonderful time for Singles, Fathers/Sons, Grandfathers/Grandsons, Uncles, and best friends.