- This event has passed.
January 17, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Sunday, repeating until February 28, 2021
Discovering Prayer is a 6-week series focusing on deepening your prayer life and growing in confidence as you pray for others. Each week includes a 5-minute video, discussion questions, a prayer exercise, and a podcast (for those who would like to go further).
Throughout this study, this group will cover topics such as: taking prayer requests from everyday conversations, discerning God’s will and guidance through prayer, leading others in prayer, and breaking stubborn habits through prayer.
Jen and Don Love, the writers of the study, will be leading a Discovering Prayer Group at 2pm starting January 17. If you are interested in attending, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Taking Prayer Requests and Praises
- Prayer of Dedication
- Discerning Needs and Praises
- Praying with Confidence
Listening in Prayer
- Talking with God vs. to God
- When God is “silent” and your prayers don’t seem to make it past the ceiling
Prayer that Ministers to Hearts and Minds (Part I)
- Processing Life through Prayer
- Discerning Truth and Direction in Prayer
Making Sense of Life: Processing who we are through Prayer
- Life Strategies: why we keep sinning and freedom through Christ
- Identity: Discovering our True Identity in Christ
Prayer that Ministers to Hearts and Minds (Part II): freedom and fulfillment in Prayer
- Applying Scripture
- Interacting with God with your whole heart and mind.
Summary: Walking out your New Outlook with a New Life Strategy
- Where to go from Here
- Partnering with God