- This event has passed.
Baptism and Family Picnic
August 19 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Grace Church and Eagle Eyrie afterward (1 Eagle Eyrie Dr, Lynchburg, VA 24503)
Time: 10am at Grace for Worship Service/Testimonies | 12:00pm at Eagle Eyrie for Baptism/Picnic
We love to celebrate what God is doing in our community and we love eating meals together! On August 19, we’re putting both together, and everyone is invited!
- At 10am, we’ll start at Grace Church with a worship service, singing, and hearing testimonies from our body.
- We’ll end the service at 11am so you have time to get your things and head up to Eagle Eyrie.
- Around 12pm, we’ll enter the pool area and start the baptism at Eagle Eyrie. Make sure to get there right at 12pm when the doors open and find a place to stand/sit around the pool to watch.
- After the baptism, we’ll pray and start the potluck lunch. From that point until 5pm, the pool will be open for you to enjoy! Make sure to bring a side or dessert to share for the potluck! We will provide beef hot dogs, toppings, and drinks, but need your help with sides and desserts.
If you’d like to be baptized, fill out the short form HERE and let us know.
BAPTISM AND FAMILY PICNIC FAQ
What do I do when I get there?
- Once parked, bring your side dish or dessert to the pavilion, and place it on one of the serving tables. There will be people there to show you where and help.
- Feel free to relax or use the play area next to the pavilion until the Baptism starts. The pool does not open until 12pm, so you can either hang out at the pavilion or wait at the pool entrance. However, make sure you’re at the pool entrance by 12pm when the doors open and find a spot to watch as the baptism will start shortly after.
- Once the Baptism finishes, lunch will start, hot dogs will be served, and you are free to do whatever you’d like from that point on until 5pm.
What We Will Provide: Hot dogs and buns w/ ketchup, mustard, relish, chili, water and lemonade, cups, eating utensils, plates, bowls, and napkins.
Checklist of What to Bring:
- Side dish or dessert to share. To help make sure there is enough food, please make it to feed 8 or more people.
- Pool stuff: swimsuits, towels, suntan lotion, floaties, etc.
- Lawn stuff: lawn chairs, blanket(s) (there is unfortunately not enough seating for everyone)
- Fun stuff: Frisbees, disc golf Frisbees (if you want to play the course), volleyball (there is a net there), Corn Hole set (we will not provide one)