Baptism and Family Picnic
August 19 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Grace Church and at Eagle Eyrie afterward
1 Eagle Eyrie Dr, Lynchburg, VA 24503
We love to celebrate what God is doing in our community and we love eating meals together! On August 19, we’re putting both together, and everyone is invited!
We’ll start at 10am at Grace Church with a worship service, singing, and hearing testimonies from our body. Afterwards, we’ll head up to Eagle Eyrie for the baptism, share a potluck lunch together, and then enjoy the pool for the afternoon (until 5pm). If you’re coming, we need everyone to chip in and bring food for the potluck lunch. We’ll be serving hot dogs, so please bring a side or dessert to share.
Baptism will start at 12:30pm sharp, so please arrive and find a place next to the pool by then.
If you’d like to be baptized, fill out the short form HERE and let us know.
BAPTISM AND FAMILY PICNIC FAQ
What do I do when I get there?
- Once parked, bring your side dish or dessert to the pavilion, and place it on one of the serving tables. There will be people there to show you where and help.
- Feel free to relax, swim in the pool, or use the play area next to the pavilion until the Baptism starts. You can swim anytime between 12noon-5pm except during the baptism. Make sure to find a spot next to the pool by 12:30pm which is when the Baptism officially begins.
- Once the Baptism finishes, lunch will start, hot dogs will be served, and you are free to do whatever you’d like from that point on.
What We Will Provide: Hot dogs and buns w/ ketchup, mustard, relish, chili, water and lemonade, cups, eating utensils, plates, bowls, and napkins.
Checklist of What to Bring:
- Side dish or dessert to share. To help make sure there is enough food, please make it to feed 8 or more people.
- Pool stuff: swimsuits, towels, suntan lotion, floaties, etc.
- Lawn stuff: lawn chairs, blanket(s)
- Fun stuff: Frisbees, disc golf Frisbees (if you want to play the course), volleyball (there is a net there), Corn Hole set (we will not provide one)