SEEKING SPIRIT MOVEMENT ACROSS CULTURAL DIVIDES
INTENTION: This group’s focus is on education. We love to learn by listening and then by serving.
- We spend time together in prayer and in study.
- We provide additional online content for reflection and deeper inquiry.
- We seek out and communicate opportunities to engage our local communities. New possibilities are considered at each meeting.
It may feel as if the injustice we see in our news feeds is evidence that the light is absent. The reality is that a broken creation – and the Accuser who ushered evil into it – is resisting the ongoing redemptive work of the Creator. This focus will create space to live and to work in light of this very fact.
APPLICATION: Here’s what committing to this group practically looks like:
#1: We meet together on ZOOM every other Monday evening at 7:30. These calls last roughly 90 minutes. Three things happen in every session:
- We share instances where we felt/saw the Holy Spirit moving in our world since we last met. This could be a place or a person that the Spirit used to reveal or reinforce a truth to you. It could be something you read or watched or witnessed.
- We spend time working through the history of the American Church via Jamar Tisby‘s “The Color Of Compromise“. These discussions allow us to contextualize the racial, cultural and social unbalance that we see in our world week in and week out.
- We join in prayer. This usually begins with a collective “breath prayer” before entering a time of individual praise, intercession and repentance.
↓ Watch Some of Our Group Discussions! ↓
#2: We engage the world around us.
- In many cases, this is individual or familial – members of the group take the things they’ve shared and learned from the group into their circles (family/work/school/play).
- In some cases, this is communal. The group coordinates with other existing actions (led by community groups or other bodies of believers) to meet needs. An example of this will be as we partner with Black Lives Matter Lynchburg (not affiliated with the national organization) to transport people to the polls on November 3rd.
If you would like to join this group, fill in your name and email below. If you have questions, email Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Our next group begins on Monday, October 12th!
COMMUNITY ACTION GROUP SIGN UP