Our mission is to be passionate followers of Jesus, helping others become followers of Jesus too, by cultivating Spirit-led Kingdom Communities in Lynchburg and the world.
Some Background for Our Mission Statement:
Jesus’ final instruction to his disciples was that they should go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to do all the things He had commanded them to do. Being a disciple means following someone to become like them. We believe the best way to live life is as a follower of Jesus Christ. We want others to know this joy and experience this new life. Communities, gatherings of people, are the best place to learn about Jesus. So we want there to be more of them in our city and in the world. Everything we do as followers or believers in Jesus Christ should be led by the Holy Spirit and in His power, not in our own strength.
Grace Church started the summer of 1988 and joined the Evangelical Free Church of America that fall. We met in 6 different rented facilities before purchasing our current facility on Timberlake Road. Although it is great to have a facility to help others follow Jesus, we still believe that the church always has been and always will be about people.
– We Believe –
- God is real; He created us and loves us.
- The Bible is God’s Word. It gives us the most important information about life.
- People have deep needs that can only be met by the good news about Jesus.
- Jesus accomplished amazing things for us by living, dying and rising again.
- We should follow Jesus, becoming His students in order to live life well.